Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Buy Sell Why: 2022

124»

Comments

• edited May 20
    Added $spxl
    will do 12 months covercall strike price 135 or 140...we will see

think we may have very good chances of positive sessions next 1-2 trading days base on previous VIX...OF course nothing guaranteed and may head down again sp500 < 3856
  • I do not think a recession can be avoided. Stagflation will be a monster. El-Erian said as much, yesterday. I think he knows a thing or two.
  • edited May 26
    Yesterday I made my first purchases of stocks from cash reserves since the start of the year after deciding those reserves and ballast sleeve holdings are sufficient. Nothing flashy for now. Added a little to SCHD and CDC. Also, initiated a small position in SGOVX which I last owned about a decade ago. My allocation to stocks is now near the top of their ~64% to ~67% portfolio range for this year.
  • edited May 26
    Maybe good combine any dippers to these discussions

Added tna lcid qqqm xlf fngu today at opening bell
    Cover all of them for one month prices ~ 15Delta
    Betting small caps and market has bottom formations, if not 3 5 years hold lol
  • Out fngu
  • edited May 27
    Deployed some cash to new positions in SGENX and DODBX. I invested with SGENX awhile back. Added more to VEGI and COM.
  • Sold some recent purchases for S/T gains, since my guess is that this is just another bear market rally. Will sell more if up again tomorrow.
  • edited May 27
    bear market rally
    That is for sure. Will see if this will advance tomorrow and weeks after. YTD, the US, developed and emerging markets are still down 14.4%, 11.6% and 13.6%, respectively. Bond index is also down 8.6%. So it will take some time to recover…

The valuation has came down considerably. Have been adding selectively from large cash position.

• Yes, Thursday was not bad. But it's surely not a sea-change. I will continue to nibble at the three single-stocks I own and add to them in baby-steps, as long as the investing environment continues to lick wet prairie dog fur. In T-IRA, I wish TRP had some more compelling bond offerings. It's like looking--- again--- to uncover the cleanest dirty shirt.
    PRNEX remains a big chunk of my sh... stuff. And PRISX. AND TRAMX, less so. Biggest item remains PRWCX. Bonds: PRFRX.... being gradually diminished.... And TUHYX. Then add ET (Energy Transfer LP) and BHB (Bar Harbor Bank) and RGR (Sturm Ruger.) Ok, go ahead and chew me out for holding the last one I just listed. .... ORK.
  • Sold RCTIX yesterday. Manager change just didn’t sit well.
  • edited May 27
    Good morning
    Fake rally???
    If sp500can hold 21 dma then approach/past 200 dma maybe uptrends from there

Feds meet soon and that can throw wrench into rally

Happy weekend/holidays
  • Yes, maybe a dead cat bounce. But going into the week-end, I'll take it....
  • edited May 28
    Level5 said:

Sold RCTIX yesterday. Manager change just didn’t sit well.

Yeah, I sold RCTIX a few weeks ago for the same reason.

• Do CD purchases count ? 1% matures 7/22 . Better than .05 % in the bank ! I'll be doing a ladder , with 3 month CD up next. The big question , has Mr. Market priced in the (6)? Fed raises ?
  • edited June 8
    Derf said:

Do CD purchases count ? 1% matures 7/22 . Better than .05 % in the bank ! I'll be doing a ladder , with 3 month CD up next. The big question , has Mr. Market priced in the (6)? Fed raises ?

...Good question...... I just find those levels of CD rates are a waste of time. I kinda wish there were some other outfit that operates like Israel Bonds: selling sovereigns in dollars at a pretty good interest rate, even zero-coupon stuff. I'd be tempted. Ya, US bonds offer a good rate right now. But they're VARIABLE. I don't want to buy a pig in a poke. And i don't wanna be constantly in and out and making changes every few months.
  • Moved my chips into FZDXX money market at Fido, earning about .70% and hopefully on the rise. Waiting on additional Fed rate increases before setting up a CD ladder.