How much is “enough” to retire when there are likely to be multiple decades of low returns due to high starting valuations with low yields and dividends?
- Section 1 of this article summarizes the investment philosophies of John Bogle, Warren Buffett, Ed Easterling, Charles Ellis, Benjamin Graham, and Howard Marks.
- Section 2 looks at the benefits of combining actively and passively managed funds to reduce risk.
- Section 3 shows the impact of high valuations and inflation for over 120 years.
- Section 4 covers stock and bond performance during secular bear markets with rising inflation and interest rates.
- Section 5 looks at nearly two dozen lower risk funds for investors seeking “all-weather” funds or safer yield.
- Section 6 provides estimates of “enough” for retirement in the coming decades.
Readers can skip to Continue reading →